Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random crap

Well it seems that I broke my own promise again of having an entry a day... But hey, at least I had an initiative to do it right? ahaks. Last Thursday, I went to a workshop called "writing your thesis" facilitated by Prof Norman Staines. I learned quite some things there especially how to boost up your writing... surely not by using a booster of course. It is by writing everyday for at least an hour consistently. He shared an experience of his colleague who was doing his Ph.D. at that time. His friend, spend every-30-minutes-a day of his time in a tube while going to school by writing down of what people he saw in the tube. By end of his Ph.D., his writing was worth a book. And surprisingly, the book hooked up a publisher and the book was published. Isn't that great? Not only he finished his Ph.D., he also got a book of his own writing. And also moneyyyy...haha. The main point here is that you need to write and write to be a good writer and as to look perfect you need lots and lots of practise. You aint gonna be a good-intelligent-superb writer in just one night. Even it's a crap with meaningless content but at least you have the gut to write something rather than just popping your eyes into others writings. But if you can bring something more meaningful content, it'll be more fantastic. Who knows that maybe your content can bring happiness/ideas/inspiring/motivation etc to those who accidentally stumbled upon your blog.

I am going to meet my supervisor this Thursday. We haven't met quite a long time. The last one was in end of last month. I had promised to do some critical review but I have not move that far yet to really criticise the strong-scientific word of others. I struggled enough to make my own words and barely how could  I find loops and gaps of other works???

I was about to tell about the UK weather when my eyes lid felt heavy and started to a up-and-down exercise. Just a brief forecast here, there's a volcano exploded, and all the airflight specifically up to the north, for instance, glasgow, scotland were shut down. Hmmm... Ok folks, see you later.

By the way, Im going to Cornwall this weekend. Hopefully we are welcome with a good weather this weekend. Bye bye. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have such a very good writing skill my friend...!

Haruna said...

Thank you my dear friend